Applications are requested for the position of BSPED Clinical Committee Chair. The successful candidate would become Clinical Committee Chair-elect, shadowing current Chair Talat Mushtaq for a year until May 2024 and then taking the helm for a 4-year term of office. Please see the role profile or contact the BSPED office for more information.
The BSPED’s Clinical Committee is at the forefront of standard-raising and clinical guidance in British paediatric endocrinology and diabetes. As Chair of the Clinical Committee, you would lead quarterly committee meetings and steer a dedicated and passionate team of committee members from across the field to:
- To respond and give opinions on matters in clinical paediatric endocrinology and diabetes including ethical issues, and funding of high-cost therapies.
- To play an advisory role in the development of guidelines for optimal management of paediatric endocrine disorders and diabetes.
- To participate in the development and maintenance of audit in paediatric endocrinology and diabetes from a national perspective.
- To ensure adequate representation of paediatric endocrinology and diabetes to the media.
- To increase awareness of therapeutic issues and any possible therapeutic problems, and arrange for national surveillance/audit where deemed appropriate in paediatric endocrine and diabetes practice
- If required, to investigate & disseminate information on any new therapy/problem therapy to the BSPED membership.
- To review and develop the provision of BSPED’s information for patients.
- To review the output of BSPED Special Interest Groups.
- To review surveys submitted by BSPED members prior to promotion by the BSPED.
- To co-ordinate peer review of the designated paediatric endocrine centres in the UK (including Northern Ireland).
Applicants should send a completed nomination form and their CV, together with a 200 word covering letter supporting their suitability for the position. All documents should be submitted electronically to the BSPED Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 14 April 2023.
Applications will be reviewed and the successful candidate selected by the Executive Committee.
This vacancy notice is also available on the website.